Thursday, December 16, 2010

DWP - plugged in: prompt

Plugged In

Neves prances from table to table singing a karaoke of "Big Spender", her hips grinding and sometimes seductively showing her thighs through the high slit of her gown, moving in harmony with the beat of the song. When she returns to the centre of the dance floor, she finishes off her song with her head tilted back, one gloved arm stretched up, legs apart, thus showing her thighs again.

The guests clap and shout "Bravo!" and "More! More!"

Neves curtsies like a ballerina would at the end of her performance. Her audience loves her. She lives for these family parties when she can display her singing talent to their friends and people who had never met her before. She throws kisses at the guests.

She runs to Shayla's table, while she motions back to the DJ to cue her next song.

"Shay," she says, "did you get that on the video cam? I think I was splendid, wasn't I? Did you get a close up of me like I asked you to? Did you?"

Shayla does not look at her as she fiddles with some wires connected to the video camera mounted on a tripod next to her.

"Shay, my mom would like to see this performance. She has a friend who works at the TV station. Make sure you got that first one, okay?"

"Huh?" Shayla asks as if waking up from a deep sleep. "What did I get?"

Neves eyes bulge and her mouth falls open. The intro to her next song has started. "Did you film me when I was singing Big Spender?"

Shayla stares at her with a blank look.

"Did you?"

"Er, no! The camera's not plugged in yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment