Thursday, November 25, 2010

DWP - random CD prompt

From the "Sounds of Silence" by Paul Simon from the Simon & Garfunkel Definitive Collection CD

"Hello, Darkness, my old friend."

Marcus stood just outside the tall mahogany doors, his head bowed, hair disheveled, coat hanging from his hunched shoulders. He shot a glance at Awel and she saw that his eyes were red from crying. She opened the door wider and stood aside to let him in. His steps were unhurried and as soon Awel had closed the doors, Marcus cupped his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking. Awel wrapped her arms around his waist and when he embraced her and buried his face in his thick black hair, he wailed like a small child. They had been that way for a long time before his crying subsided and she led him to her study. A small candle is lit in the middle of the room and he could make out the tall shelves filled with tomes that had never been touched for centuries.

"Tell me what happened, dear." Her raspy voice soothed his pains, and he let go of a big sigh.

"She left me, Awel. She left me." He started crying again and Awel patted his shoulders.

"I know, dear, I know she left. We both knew it was bound to happen."

"I loved her, Awel. She was the only one for me."

Pain shot through Awel's heart. When was he going to learn that he never belonged to Riella? That he, Marcus, belonged to her and her world. He always called her Darkness because she always wore black, everything about her was black. She was most alive at night, like the bats that lived around her villa.

"Marcus, you belong here. You belong to me," said Awel, she placed a hand on her chest then pointed to her heart. "I think it's about time you accept your destiny."

-- o0o --

(note: i started writing this the last time Daily Writing Practice blog had a CD prompt, but i don't quite know what to do with it. it looks like a vampire story, but i know nothing about vampire stories and i refuse to read anything vampire as my vivid imagination goes to sleep with me and i get nightmares otherwise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment