Wednesday, March 24, 2010

PROMPT - my ideal place

A quaint three-bedroom house situated in Summerside, PEI, facing the Northumberland Strait. The house is of white bricks with blue-green ceramic roof tiles. The floor to ceiling bay windows cover the length of the living room overlooking the sea and the kitchen has the same type of bay window. There is a veranda on the one side of the house, large enough to entertain during the summer.

I can just sit in the living forever and stare at the sea, sometimes blue, sometimes gray, depending on the weather, and watch as the tide comes and goes. To the north, there is a smaller room with French doors where I keep my books and a small desk where I do my writing. The sea is my muse, as well as the beautiful garden in the front yard.

On good days, especially during the summer, I tackle the long walk through the garden, down the steep rise to the shore, where I can sit on the sand and watch and listen to the waves that kiss and wash up the sands off my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment