Monday, October 18, 2010

DWP - people are strange: "the doors" prompt

people are strange

Catty shakes her whole body.

"Bleh! Aaaargghhhh!" she screams.

"What are you complaining about, Catty? At least The Mistress loves you." Pinky snorts and continues to lap the remaining slop in her trough.

"Ewwww! I can't stand that woman," Catty says, her green eyes blazing in embarrassment as the other animals in the barn moo and coo. "I don't know why she has to hug and kiss me every time she comes here." She settles at a corner and rolls around in the hay. "Her breath is terrible with that minty leaf she chews all the time. The same lips she kisses her man with, she kisses me with them, too. Ewwww."

"People are strange," says Mrs. Belle, as one of her calves suck at her teats. "They love cats and dogs and horses pamper them..."

"No! No! No!" Doggie interjects. "The Mistress kicks me all the time, calling me lazy and smelly. One day I shall just stop running after the thieves and then she can say I'm lazy."

"And also because you're rude, Doggie." Mrs. Belle sneers at Doggie. "Anyway," she continues, "you guys get toys, and you Catty are always brought to the grooming house. Why, we cows never get that! They come and take our milk so early in the morning, like I am still sleeping for God's sakes."

"And us," says Pinky wiggling her snout in disgust, "we're just fattied up and slaughtered at will. So you should be thankful."

"Still," says Catty, "why can't she just leave me alone?" She gets up, and lazily walks towards the barn door. Her graceful neck sparkles in the sunlight with the rhinestoned collar that The Mistress has placed around her neck moments ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment